RepRap Wilson Build

I built a pair of twin RepRap 3D printers for a local Atlanta makerspace using open source plans and reclaimed hardware. The goal of this project was to rebuild a broken 3D printer into a modern RepRap design using all parts reclaimed from the original.

I chose to use the “Wilson” RepRap due to it’s simplicity and reliance on very little non-3D printed parts. The replacement parts were printed on another 3D printer in my fleet.

The total rebuild took only a couple of weeks, and the end result was a printer that was vastly superior to the original machine that was used for parts. This printer was donated to the makerspace for their community to use in future projects. The twin machine I built to the same standards and was integrated into my printing fleet. This project was completed in 2016.